Softline Asset Verification Workspace App for ServiceNow
An app specifically created by Softline for the ServiceNow environment. This app supports companies with their data verification processes. The most important goal of this application is to improve data quality and making the ServiceNow CMDB (and possibly other sources) more trustworthy.
Key features of the Asset Verification Workspace App
- Identify data gaps within your different data sources.
- Easy wizards (playbook) to set-up integrations and import data from different sources.
- Monitor trends in data quality improvements and other related figures.
- Easy/quick access to deviations in data.
- Toolset to improve the overall trustworthiness of your data.
- Supported integrations: CMDB, Azure Active Directory and manual imports based on an Excel template file.
The intuitive dashboards can be used by the end-user (Configuration Manager, Chief Information Security Officer, IT Asset Manager) to analyse potential issues and take remediating actions.
Verifying data from different sources can be a time-consuming and manual (error-prone) effort. To improve data quality it is key to make sure your CMDB data is accurate and complete. The other way around, it is also important that your third-party security or IT Asset Management tool has trustworthy and complete data.
The Asset Verification Workspace is a native ServiceNow application that compares asset data from multiple sources and identify gaps and report on lacking data quality. The following data attributes will be verified by this app:
- Existence – does device “A” exists in all connected sources? And, if so, what is the overlap?
- Duplicates – are there duplicate devices in the CMDB, or other sources?
- Status – are there devices with an ‘active’ status in Source “A”, but an ‘inactive’ status in Source “B”?
- Most recent discovery date – are there any ‘active’ devices that have not been discovered for a long(er) time, that are part of the different sources?
- Overall data quality - additional important related data quality issues are shown that cannot easily be identified out-of-the-box, such as workstations and servers without software installations, virtual servers not linked to a physical host, workstations without an assigned user, and many others.
About Softline & ServiceNow’s partnership
Softline’s best practices combined with the standard methodologies of ServiceNow Now Create. A perfect recipe to both accelerate the SAM deployment, and to quickly benefit from the investment. The ServiceNow modules overlaps perfectly with the House of ITAM®, with the Software Asset Management module right in the middle. From a clear scope, translated into stories, and subsequent sprints. An approach that is flexible and scalable, to align with any project management and software development practices. Softline is one of few specialized SAM partners globally, specialized in getting the most value out of your SAM Pro module. Softline is also part of the EMEA partner advisory council.